Benzalkonium Chloride (Dodecyl Dimethyl Benzyl Ammonium Chloride)
Benzalkonium Chloride (Dodecyl Dimethyl Benzyl ammonium Chloride) is a powerful biocide that serves multiple purposes in water treatment. It has broad-spectrum and highly efficient sterilization abilities to effectively control algae/slime growth while featuring low toxicity with no risk of accumulation. DDBA is an excellent choice for controlling biofilm and algae in industrial and institutional settings where safety is a top priority.
CAS No. 8001-54-5 or 63449-41-2, 139-07-1
Molecular weight: 340.0
Molecular Formula: C21H38NCl
The features of DDBA make it an ideal choice for industrial water treatment processes that require effective biocidal control and disinfection. Here are some of the major features:
1. Broad-Spectrum Sterilization: DDBA has broad-spectrum sterilization abilities that are highly efficient against algae and slime growths. This makes it an ideal choice for preventing the spread of disease-causing microorganisms in industrial water systems.
2. Low Toand no accumulation risky, which means it can be used safely without causing health concerns to humans or animals exposed to it through contact or ingestion. Additionally, there is no risk of bioaccumulation associated with its use.
3. Solubility: DDBA is soluble in water, making it convenient to use since there’s no need to mix with other chemicals before application or addition into a water system. Additionally, its solubility ensures uniform distribution throughout the system and improved efficiency during the application process.
4. Varying Hardness Levels: DDBA works well regardless of the system’s varying hardness levels, which allows for more flexibility when applying treatments to different types of water sources or systems with multiple hardness levels.
5. Dispersion Properties: The cationic surfactant properties of DDBA allow for improved dispersion and penetration capabilities beneficial for mud release and deodorizing activities conducted within industrial settings as part of their wastewater management practices.
6 Corrosion Inhibition Technology: The corrosion inhibition technology offered by DDBA helps protect industrial pipes from corrosion caused by chemicals present within the wastewater stream, thus helping extend their lifespan while allowing industries to save on maintenance costs related to it over time.
|Appearance||Colorless to yellowish transparent liquid||Yellowish transparent liquid|
|Active content %||48.0-52.0||78.0-82.0|
|Amine salt %||2.0 max||1.0 max|
|pH||6.0~8.0(as it)||6.0-8.0(1% water solution)|
FAQs About Benzalkonium Chloride
1) What is Benzalkonium Chloride (DDBAC)?
Answer: Benzalkonium Chloride (also known as Dodecyl Dimethyl Benzyl Ammonium Chloride or DDBAC) is a powerful biocide and disinfectant used widely in industrial water treatment applications due to its broad-spectrum sterilization abilities, low toxicity level, solubility in water and compatibility with varying hardness levels present within different water systems such as those used for agricultural irrigation purposes or for drinking water supplies at homes and businesses alike among other contexts where effective biocidal control and disinfection are important concerns to consider from a health safety standpoint among others which may be relevant depending on the specific context(s).
2) What are the main features of Benzalkonium Chloride?
Answer: The main features offered by DDBAC include broad-spectrum sterilization abilities; low toxicity level; solubility in water; compatibility with different types/levels of hardness; dispersion/penetration properties; deodorizing capabilities; protection against corrosion via inhibition technology, among potentially other advantages depending on the specific application context(s) involved at any given time(s).
3) What type of applications can benefit from using benzalkonium chloride?
Answer: Applications where effective biocidal control or disinfection services are desired, such as those found within the industrial sector, including various uses related to wastewater management practices and agricultural irrigation purposes, among others, depending on context(s).
4) Is benzalkonium chloride safe for humans?
Answer: Yes! DDBAC has been classified as safe for human use according to its low toxicity level, which eliminates any health concerns associated with contact or ingestion precluding any risks posed due to potential accumulation over time within humans exposed directly or indirectly through food chain sources associated with adding to that depending on particular cases at hand as well as individual sensitivity thresholds among other factors worth considering when assessing safety questions related to it accordingly moving forward at all times while striving towards maximum protection outcomes across all relevant contexts involved throughout any given period(s).
5) How long does benzalkonium chloride last?
Answer: The exact duration depends on several variables, including local conditions such as temperature levels, among others, but typically speaking, benzalkonium chloride should remain active within treated areas between 3 months up to 2 years before requiring additional reapplication based upon periodic monitoring results assessed thereupon accordingly at all times when assessing overall effectiveness thereof moving forward always striving towards optimal protection outcomes under all circumstances applicable therein.